Foolproof Chocolate Brownies

Hey!

If you know me in person, chances are you've tried my brownies. They're basically my go to whenever I need to make something quick and easy when I'm catching up with friends or I need to bring something somewhere. These brownies are so reliable and easy to make, you can freeze them and they store well so aren't going to be a crumbly mess when you take them out of your container at that party. I've adapted and modified this recipe over the last five years or so, and I think it's about time I share it with you. 


Ingredients:
  • 150g butter
  • 200g dark cooking chocolate
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2/3 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder


Preheat your oven to a moderate heat, I have a fan forced oven and set it to 160 degrees celcius.

Line a 25 x 25cm square cake tin with baking paper. Make sure there is a little bit of paper hanging out the sides so you can pull your brownie out when it's cooked.

Melt the butter and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water, or in the microwave. Mix well.

In the meantime, crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer - use a high speed to get lots of air into the eggs if you like cakey brownies, or a lower speed if you'd rather them gooey and sticky. Once the eggs are smooth, add your sugar, and beat to combine.

Double sift the flour and the cocoa powder together in a separate bowl,
Add the chocolate to the eggs along with the vanilla essence, then fold in the flour and cocoa mixture. This would be an ideal time to add walnuts, chocolate chips, or whatever you fancy, before pouring the mix into the prepared tin.

Then tap the tin on the bench a couple of times, or tap the bottom of it to make the bubbles rise to the top; this will make your brownies a little more dense and gooey, rather than having them puff up and dry out. 

Bake your brownies in the oven for 25-30 minutes. This may take longer or shorter depending on your oven; you can tell they're cooked when a skewer or knife comes out clean, and the mixture doesn't look wobbly if you shake the pan,



Once your brownies are cooked, take them out of the oven and leave them to cool in the pan. I usually cut the edges off my brownies and then slice it into 16 squares. Dust them with icing sugar and you're ready to go!

I'd love to see how you go if you make these, so post a picture on insta and tag me @lizakhins or comment down below to tell me how you went, or if you've got any questions. 


Liza xx




Comments

Popular Posts