Mum's Fruit Mince Pies

Ever since I can remember, a big tradition for christmas time has been making fruit mince pies. Mum, my sisters and I make dozens of these every year, and the recipe we use always turns out perfectly. Even though I'm not home for Christmas this year, I couldn't resist whipping up a batch. 




This recipe makes around 18 fruit mince pies, depending on how thick you roll the pastry, and the tins that you use. I used a muffin tin, and a fluted scone cutter.

Ingredients: 
  • 120g Sugar
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 240g Self Raising Flour
  • 60g Plain Flour
  • 120g Butter
  • Cold Eater
  • Milk
  • 1 Jar Fruit Mince (I use Robertsons fruit mince, 410g)

Method: 
  1. Mix the egg yolk and sugar together
  2. Sift the flours and rub in the butter
  3. Mix the egg yolk and sugar into the flour mixture
  4. Add cold water to bring the mixture to a firm dough
  5. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour
  6. Preheat oven to 180
  7. Knead the dough to soften, then roll out to approx 3mm thick
  8. Cut rounds and press into muffin tin to form the base
  9. Fill each with 1tsp fruit mince
  10. Cut lids using a smaller circular cutter, or shape that will fit on top
  11. Brush the bottom of the lid with milk, and place on top
  12. Prick the top if sealed, and brush with more milk
  13. Bake in oven for 10-12 min
  14. Gently remove from pan, and dust with icing sugar to serve. 


Merry Christmas! Let me know if you make these, I hope you enjoy them!

Liza xx


Comments

Popular Posts